Here at Amber Heating & Air Conditioning, we specialize in problem solving. Our customer-first philosophy includes honest answers followed up by skilled services and lasting solutions. We strive to provide the right information to help you reach effective decisions. A common issue we’ve come across is air conditioners blowing warm air. We’ve put together a list of the most likely causes of this concern.
Why My A/C System Might Be Blowing Warm Air
- Clogged Outdoor Unit – Keep the area around the outdoor unit clear of debris. If the unit becomes clogged with dirt or other contaminants, it will struggle to remove heat from the home.
- Dirty Evaporator Coil – A dirty evaporator coil is primarily caused by a dirty air filter. The evaporator coil requires professional cleaning.
- Lack of Power to Outdoor Unit – If the outdoor unit loses power and the indoor unit continues to operate, the air conditioner may blow warm air. This can be the result of a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse.
- Low Refrigerant – Because refrigerant absorbs heat from the home, leaks will negatively impact air conditioner effectiveness. Ice forming on the indoor and outdoor units are signs of a leak and require a professional refrigerant charge to resolve the problem.
- Thermostat Setting – Check to make sure your thermostat is set to cool rather than heat. Verify that it is set to auto instead of on. The on setting causes the fan to blow whether the air conditioner is cooling or not and results in warm air blowing from the vents.
HVAC Service in Orland Park, IL | AC Maintenance Burr Ridge, IL | AC Repair Homer Glen, IL
Don’t hesitate to contact the professionals from Amber Heating & Air Conditioning at 1-800-592-6237 for skilled repair anywhere across Orland Park, Palos Park, Palos Heights, Homer Glen, Lemont, Naperville, New Lenox, Frankfort, Burr Ridge, Oak Lawn, Mokena, New Lenox, IL. Our NATE-certified technicians are proficient in all makes and models and we stand behind our services with a 100% Comfort Guarantee. We highly recommend regular A/C maintenance to keep your air conditioner operating at peak capacity, efficiency, and reliability.